The 30 day challenge
I love it when there is a challenge that has already been set up for me and all I have to do is complete it! The next 30 day challenge at Radiant starts on June 1st and from someone who has already done one before I cannot wait to do it again.
They say it takes 21 days to create a habit and when you commit to this challenge you are going to receive so many benefits for your mind, body and soul along with a new formed habit to stay consistent. The challenge at radiant creates a real buzz around the studio that motivates and inspires you to give it your best over the month of June. You get to put your name on the board and give yourself a tick every day you come in! I really love that they do this because you can visually see how well you are doing. The great thing too is that if you miss a day you can double on another day to get 30 sessions in 30 days!
When you make this type of commitment to yourself you are affirming that you are worth the time to get to your mat each day. I know I have days where I feel like I have too much work to do and then find that the reason not to go to class. When my mind is clear and I have been going to practice regularly I am more efficient in the outside work. Make time for you, look after you and you will see a difference in how you are mentally and physically when it comes to your day to day life.
When you are preparing for the 30 day challenge it is key to have the right nutrition throughout. This is to fuel your body to be able to do the physical activity, to repair your muscles from the tension you put them under and also to get the best results. Nutrition takes up 80% of what your body looks like and fitness is the other 20%. You cannot train and get great results when you do not have a balanced diet. I always make sure that I am preparing my body with the best ingredients in order to maximize my performance and get the best results physically More information on nutrition on my website along with customized meal plans.
Due to the amount you sweat during a class your hydration levels will go down over the 30 days which is why you want to up your water intake. Aim to drink 3 – 4 liters of water a day to replenish your body. It is also advised to have electrolytes in your water too that will aid in hydration. For every 2% that your body is under its maximum hydration level your body works at 20% less efficiency. Water is crucial for performance and weight loss. Start to increase your water 4-5 days prior to June 1st to get you body ready!
Rest is actually one of the biggest parts to getting results both mentally and physically. Our bodies have to rest in order to repair and they need to repair in order to grow lean muscle mass and to function at our optimal level. Making sure you get 6-8 hours of sleep each night will maintain your strength over the 30 day challenge. A lack of sleep will effect your ability to perform in class, your form will be compromised which can lead to injury and further fatigue.
So just remember to fuel your body, stay hydrated, get the proper amount of rest and commit to yourself for 30 days. It is not a long time to transform your body, go in with a positive and powerful mindset and enjoy the journey. I am so excited about the challenge and I look forward to meeting everyone else!
Practice yoga for 30 straight days!
Transform your body, Transform your mind.
This challenge encourages you to practice 30 classes in 30 days!
The start of the summer provides a wonderful opportunity for you to get in the best shape of your life and deepen your yoga practice.
Committing to the 30 day challenge will change your life in positive ways.
Be prepared to sweat, shred and smile at the new RADIANT YOU!Transform your body, Transform your mind.
Date and place
|June 1-30||Radiant Hot Yoga studio
8501 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine California