Meditation workshop with Bob Posert
Do you want to experience less stress and more mindfulness in your life? When yoga teachers tell you to meditate during Savasana, do you wonder what to do? Would you like to experience your life more deeply, on and off the yoga mat?
Join us for a workshop based on Zen meditation and mindfulness. In this workshop you will:
- ॐ Learn how to do awareness meditation and work with your monkey mind.
- ॐ Practice seated meditation to deepen your experience.
- ॐ Experience yoga poses as moving meditation.
- ॐ Feel more compassionate towards yourself and those around you after a loving-kindness meditation.
- ॐ Understand the connection between Zen and Yoga.
- ॐ Know how to establish a meditation practice after the workshop.
Zen meditation is an open awareness meditation. Unlike Transcendental Meditation, where your attention is focused on a specific mantra, in Zen meditation we try to be completely aware of everything inside and outside of us without controlling anything.
Your teacher, Bob Posert
The workshop will be led by Bob Posert. Bob has been practicing Zen for over 14 years. He was an instructor at the Zen Center of Orange County, and now practices at the Zen Center of San Diego. Bob has been an almost-daily regular at Radiant Hot Yoga for about 18 months. He’s enrolled in the teacher training starting in January.
Radiant Hot Yoga
1200 Bison Ave, C-1 Newport Beach, Ca 92660
please register at the front desk
Date and time
Sunday, November 8, 2015
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm