A little background…
Hot Yoga is practicing yoga asanas (postures) in heated and humid conditions originating in India. In colder climates, Hot Yoga seeks to replicate the heat and humidity of southern India from where many styles of yoga originate by adding heaters and humidifiers. Various styles of yoga have added the elements of heat and humidity to increase an individual’s flexibility and deepen the practice.
Radiant Hot Yoga offers a level one class that is slightly heated.
The Benefits of Hot Yoga
The benefits of Hot Yoga are abundant and are for everybody. Immersing yourself in a regular practice will:
- Cleanse the mind and body;
- Release toxins and impurities;
- Improve flexibility, range of motion and balance;
- Burn 700-1000 calories contributing to weight loss;
- Develop muscle tone and build strength;
- Boost the immune system;
- Relieve stress and anxiety;
- Reduces the symptoms of certain chronic illnesses, such as thyroid disorders, depression, arthritis and circulatory problems.